Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's Speak Litwit!

Dear All,

I'm happy to tell you that my long pending desire to create a virtual space for interactions amongst the English Hons. students at Shyam Lal College has finally taken this shape. Since many of you are pretty computer savvy I don't think this new medium of communication will pose any challenge. However, if it does, feel free to contact me on my cell.

Now, what do I want this blog to do?

Every week I shall post interesting comments/ questions which may or may not be related to the texts I teach. I would like you all to respond to the comment/ question and to each others' responses as well. You can also suggest some to be posted in future. Please use this site to engage in mutual discussions as there is nothing better than a vibrant atmosphere in academia. Remember, how you live your college years will determine to a large extent who you become later in life.


Best,

Sumita Sharma

5 comments:

  1. mam must say its great idea starting a blog purely for literature students, and also given the confusion about semester system n all....we can discuss everthing irrespective whether colleges are open or not...thnx mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that you find this blog useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya its really a good idea to hav a space only for literature masses and particularly for slc.
    intreaction b/w teachrs and students shall b really useful, hope it gets a good response and still a lot remains to achieve..............
    thanx a lot mam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you all are the people who can determine the success of this attempt with your regular responses.This will, I'm sure, facilitate your academic performance as well.Thank you all for taking interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. firstly thank you for the opportunity that you have given us to share our views!!
    well what i feel is that literature can be a collective creative writing of a nation, people, cutlure!! any form of knowledge can be a part of literature, be it scientific, socio-economic, english and so on... We really cannot define what actually 'cannot' be considered a piece of literature!! our own thought can have literary connotation!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write your comments on this post. But here are a few things I would REALLY like you to keep in mind.
*This site is for undergraduate students. Please do not post objectionable comments.
*Try restricting your comments to the topic of the post.
*Do not insert links to external sites unless they are academic in nature.
*Report abuse immediately by sending an sms or email to me.